- Successful completion of Module 1: POCUS Basics
- Acquire the following basic cardiac POCUS views
- Parasternal Long Axis View (PLX)
- Parasternal Short Axis View (PSX)
- Apical 4 Chamber View (A4C)
- Subcostal (SC)
- Inferior Vena Cava View (IVC)
- Identify the gross anatomy within each POCUS view
- Identify and interpret common cardiac POCUS pathologies
- Identify and interpret relevant cardiac POCUS pathologies for patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 (from the American Society of Echocardiography Statement on POCUS during the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Recognize relevant surface anatomy to the focused cardiac examination
- Utilize proper probe preparation, technique, and hygiene
Successful completion of Module 1 by obtaining a minimum grade of 80% on the Module 1 Quiz.
There will be one assessment at the end of the module consisting of 20 multiple choice questions. A minimum grade of 80% is required to pass the quiz, and to progress to the next module. A time limit of up to 30 minutes will be given to complete the quiz, and unlimited attempts will be given to achieve the 80% minimum grade. You will have access to the correct answers following the quiz. A POCUS certificate will be issued to students who have successfully achieved a minimum of 80% on each of the quizzes following the three modules.
The goal of this module is to provide accelerated e-learning of point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS) with clinically relevant use during the COVID-19 pandemic.
POCUS is highly operator-dependent. Know your limitations. It is your own responsibility to use this tool safely, following appropriate cleaning and disinfection protocols (see Module 1).
The following symbols are used throughout the module.
An external document that will open in a separate tab
A definition of an important term
A helpful practice tip
Access more information
Video to watch
Information to recall
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 18
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self